- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- Day 10 Day 7 Camino)
- Distance: 14 miles (5% tarmac) / 104 1/2 total miles
- Ascent 2,970 feet and descent 2,759 feet
- Time: 7 1/2 hours
- Weather: 60 degrees, cloudy, humid with intermediate drizzle
Dorothy, “This ain’t Kansas.” Wizard of Oz
- St-Guilhem-Le-Désert – Abbey de Gellone founded by Count Toulouse. Part of these Cloister have been moved to the NYC Cloisters Museum
- Towards St-Guilhem-Le-Désert – Lechstrau du Castellated (Fortress)
- Towards St-Guilhem-Le-Désert – Church in hamlet of Le Barry
4 thoughts on “Dorothy… ~ May 10, 2016”
Do you get to take the time to learn about the history of what you are seeing?
So beautiful and fascinating to see..
It would be nice knowing more about the history; however, there never is enough hours in the day. My guide has no more than a few words about a site. linda
You have a guide? From the beginning or just a portion of the Camino? Great photos. Phyllis
Great questions. “Pilgrim’s Guides to the Roads through France to Santiago de Compostela” is composed of two thin paperbacks, I. Arles to Toulouse and II. Toulouse to Puente la Reina (Spain). They are published by the Confernity of Saint James. I ordered them from London through their we site. linda