- Friday, May 27, 2016
- Day 27 (Day 24 Camino)
- Distance: 12 miles (40% tarmac) 346 1/2 total miles
- Ascent 1,081 feet and descent 1,156 feet
- Time: 6 1/2 hours
- Weather: 50-75 degrees, overcast becoming blue sky with white clouds…humid
Desiring to savor my moments on the Camino, I’ve decided to abort my agenda in favor of a slower pace, less mileage, and more relaxation. Rather than be driven by a destination, I’ll make the most of the day.
Looks like I’ve become the company of eight French nurses who hike a week’s segment of the Camino each year (I haven’t done the math to figure out how many years that will take) and two German women who travel with a Canadian man
- Towards L’Isle-Arne
- Towards L’Isle-Arne – Joining the nurses for a picnic
- Towards L’Isle-Arne – A German and Canadian who have mastered the art of walking the Camino. By the time I’d arrive, they had found a spot in the sun with a Heiniken close at hand.