- Monday, March 18, 2019/Brother’s Birthday, Day 5
- Temples #14, #15, ,#16, #17, #18
- Tokushima City, Japan
- Weather: 32-45 degrees
- 16.7 Miles / 61.7 Miles
How would you make a better Hostess Twinkie in Japan? A simple conveyor machine containing individual mini-cake pans is filled with pancakes batter, topped with a drop of sweetened bean paste, and finished with a final layer of batter.
The shop had a line of people out the door picking up boxes of treats. We waited 45-minutes and it was worth the wait.
How’s it taste? It tastes like the lightest, fluffiest American pancake crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The filling is tasty with a hint of sweetness and the texture is creamy.
- Pans being cleaned and filled
- Flipped pancakes are cooking on the bottom
- Danes Anna and Sif enjoying pancakes.