- Sunday, April 14, 2019, Day 32
- Temples: #83 & #84
- Takamatsu City, Japan
- Weather: 45-50 degrees light rain on and off
- Miles 20.8 miles (walk & train) / Total Miles 630.2
This incredible 88 Temple scroll was done by my host’s mother in 1959. His mother took him to visit the 88 Temples as a cure. He describes himself as being very weak as child. He said this was extremely hard for him was 10-years old. A can’t image any child doing this pilgrimage as it is so arduous.
The loose Temple stamp and ink pages were done by his great-grandmother in 1884. What an heirloom.
I already cherish my book and it’s only a month old.
- Temple Scroll done by mother and host in 1959
- Great-Grandmother’s book, 1883
- Linda with host mother’s scold, 1959
2 thoughts on “Heirlooms – April 14, 2019”
Bottom picture, you’re looking more traditional Japanese as you progress through the temples. You are a VERY impressive woman.
I agree… amazing. Set your mind to it and go have some fun..fun..fun…