- Wednesday, May 18, 2016
- Day 18 (Day 15 Camino)
- Distance: 9 + 5 miles = 14 miles (10% tarmac) 218 1/2 total miles
- Ascent 1,155 feet and descent 1,449 feet
- Time: 3 1/2 hours
- Weather: 50-60 degrees, blue skies with clouds & few drizzles
Compromise. Jean-Claude does not like to walk in cities. Our Gîte is outside Castres. Tomorrow we will take a bus through Castres.
I dropped off my pack at the Gîte and went exploring Castres to connected by foot our Gîte and the termination point for our tomorrow’s bus ride.
Win-win. Jean-Claude avoids walking in the city. I walked the whole Camino.
- Towards Castres – Unusual donkeys typical of a Jean-Claude’s region. They keep long fur even in summer.
- Castres – Eglise de Saint-Jacques-de-Villegoudou
- Castres – Medieval houses of tanners, weavers, and dyers attest to the importance of textiles to the town.