- Thursday, April 4, 2019, Day 22
- Temples: #44 and #45
- Kuma-kōgen, Japan
- Weather: 35-55 COLD MORNING Blue skies
- Miles 17.1 (walk, train and bus) / Total Miles 400.1
Parisian Christine C. and I met our first day walking the Camino Santiago in France. We became dear friends. Today our 88 Buddhist Temples pilgrimage crossed paths. It was an out-and-back route. I was walking towards Temple #45 and Christine was walking from Temple #45. There we stood in a Japanese forest face-to-face. She traveled east half-way around the world while I traveled west-halfway around the world. Amazing how it all came together at this one moment. We had been emailing each other so we knew our itineraries were getting awfully close. Our reunion was as though no time had passed since we last met. A day to cherish.
- Linda to and Christine from Temple #45
- 2014 Photo of Mimi V., Joanna L., Linda, and Christine on the Camino.
- Christine from Temple #45. A look of complete joy